Velvet is the second mistress encountered in Overlord She is the younger of the two daughters of the Wizard. When the player meets Velvet, her sister Rose is present and the player must then choose which sister they wish to have as their mistress. The Third Overlord is assumed to have kept Rose as his mistress. But there are two things in Overlord II that hint otherwise; When the Fourth Overlord first visits the Wasteland, the tower top ruin that once belonged to the Dark Tower appears to have a Greater Fang Top and there is a reminiscent of the "Golden Demon Statues" Upgrade, which are both upgrades you can only purchase should you have Velvet as your mistress (seen below). This suggests that Rose is the aunt and Velvet is the true mother of the overlord, not the other way around, and more likely to be the mother because of her more evil personality than her sister and passed this to her son, who would not be truly evil if the Overlad came from Rose and a non-corrupt overlord, and since this game is about evil, evil is the 'canon'. In the game files of Overlord, the titles of the accomplishements of the overlord have 'Jes' as the evil\canon events such as killing sir william and 'alt' meaning alternate or 'good' path such as giving the food to spree. In the mistress choice, Velvet is labelled as jes, and the devs have put this path canon furthering confiming Velvet's true role as the mother of the Witch-boy, but for unknown reasons, Rose was put in the game instead of Velvet, with her claiming to be the mother, probably to have the choice from the previous game matter. It is likely that the hints in Overlord 2 are scattered for both Velvet and Rose to be intentional, so that the players can relate to their own version of the story.
Her history before the Overlord met her is unknown, but she was going to marry Sir William the Black, but the Wizard (possesed by the Second Overlord) corrupted Sir William into cancelling his wedding for a Succubus Queen, and in response, Velvet refused to give back to Goldo Golderson her wedding gift locked in her bedroom. When the Overlord defeated Sir William, Velvet tried to seduce him into bringing her to the dark tower with her bed, but it's up to the player to choose to dump Rose for Velvet for true evil, or keep Rose for a slight corruption redemption. If the player chooses Velvet, it will be Rose that helps the Second Overlord to get to the Dark Tower, and Velvet the one that damages the Tower Heart to make it easier for you to defeat the Wizard. After the Wizard's defeat, Velvet will be shown lying on her bed in the Dark Tower, along with many minion guards and torture cages around her room with screaming peasants.
After defeating the Forgotten God, if Velvet is the Overlord's Mistress, after Gnarl and the Minions mourn the disappearance of the Overlord, she will be shown to be pregnant, indicating a successor for the Third Overlord. Some time later, the child disappeared, most probably with Velvet. The most likely explanation is that she somehow knew that the Cataclysm was going to occur beforehand--possibly from learning of the alliance between Rose and Florian Greenheart.
Velvet's fate is unknown, and it's not mentioned in Overlord 2 possibly she left shortly after the Overlord got blocked in the Infernal Abyss, or she died from the Magical Plague and the Great Cataclysm.
Dark Tower Upgrades Edit
Tower Upgrade Cost Tower Upgrade Cost Rag Banner 10 Drapes 750 Skull Banner 10 Ancient Statues 750 Serpent Banner 10 Green Minion upgrade 5000 Buttress Fang Spikes 500 Red Minion upgrade 5000 Fang Top 500 Black Marble Walkway 1500 Skull Fire Bowl 500 Greater Throne of Darkness 2000 Black Carpet 500 Golden Dogs of Hell Statues 2000 Throne of Darkness 750 Grand Skull Fire Bowl 1500 Demon Statues 500 Golden Demon Statues 1500 Dogs of Hell Statues 750 Obsidian Spikes 1500 Chandeliers 3000 Banquet Hall 750 Parlor Table 750 Greater Fang Top 1500 Total gold: 33000
Velvet seems to like more chaotic evil than her sister, and she's quite materialistic, her body is more voluptuous than Rose and more lustful. Her sister Rose says that she's a manipulator and gets in trouble quickly, but that seems to be proven wrong if the player chooses Velvet instead of Rose; Rose being the one who gets manipulated by the Wizard. Velvet stays loyal, damaging the tower heart, and she seems to like more a corrupted overlord. She hates the slugs from the golden hills, saying that they are more disgusting than Gnarl. She likes to dress with dark colors, the opposite of Rose that likes to use more bright colors.
- Ummm,the obvious choice,better pack your bags sister'''' Velvet gets chosen over Rose
- "Darling! We're going to have such fun!"
- "You, me, a few helpless prisoners. It's going to be so romantic!" — Velvet, after becoming mistress.
- "Those heroes, yuck, they couldn't put an Evil outfit together if their lives depended on it!"
- "Oh Sire, you know I've always had a thing for bad boys."
- "Ewww, my sister's been here, oh well... Do you have any disinfectant?" — Visiting the bedroom.
- "You're definitely getting the right look, Lord. Evil is the new black!"
- "Big and Evil, I love it! Corruption looks good on you." if the Overlord has 50% or more Corruption
- "I think your Pixies need some kind of visual motif, something eye-catching. Any black lace around here?"
- "There's always time to do a bit of shopping, Master. Even Evil needs time off."
- "Darling shouldn't you be off finding me shiny things?" — Overlord in Throne Room for too long.
- "I'm getting bored just watching you, get out there and do some Evil, darling!"---- same as above
- "I don't like that Jewel... kill her and bring me her shiny things!" — Velvet on Jewel.
- "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Gnarl!"
"Oh thank you, Mistress!" — Velvet comments on slugs in the Golden Hills, Gnarl is unphased.
- "Get that gold back darling Lord, and buy me some pretty things!" — Velvet about the gold hidden in the Glitering Mine.
- "Beer, fight... beer, fight, Dwarves just have no class, Master. Make those cloddish oafs eat their own beards!"
- "And they'll be all over my things with their drunken paws!" — The Overlord retrieves the dwarven Beer Kettle for the minions.
- "That's what's producing those things? I can't look! Hit it, hit it until it stops! Yuck!" — Velvet hates slugs and the Mother Slug from the Arcanium Mine.
- He looks like father,i think that's a sufficient reason to kill him'''' Velvet comments on the Possessed Wizard in the Burrows
- If you beat him, I'm all yours,if you lose, well, don't offend yourself if i do something else'' Velvet 'encourages' the Third Overlord to win the battle against the wizard
- I don't like losers, darling, so hurry and try to win '' same as above.
- Don't be hard with Gnarl, that pathetic beast did only his job''''—Velvet commenting on Gnarl betraying the Overlord
- "You'll be sorry. She'll nag you to death!" ----- When the Overlord Chooses Rose over Velvet