"Those heroes, yuck, they couldn't put an Evil outfit together if their lives depended on it!"
Velvet is the second mistress encountered in Overlord. She is the younger of the two daughters of the Wizard. When the player meets Velvet, her sister Rose is present and the player must then choose which of the two sisters they wish to have as their mistress.
Her history before the Overlord met her is unknown, but she was going to marry Sir William the Black, but the Wizard (possesed by the Second Overlord) corrupted Sir William into cancelling his wedding for a Succubus Queen, and in response, Velvet refused to give back to Goldo Golderson her wedding gift locked in her bedroom. When the Overlord defeated Sir William, Velvet tried to seduce him into bringing her to the dark tower with her bed, but it's up to the player to choose to dump Rose for Velvet, or keep Rose for a slight corruption redemption.
If the player chooses Velvet, it will be Rose that helps the Second Overlord to get to the Dark Tower, and Velvet will be the one that damages the Tower Heart to make it easier for you to defeat the Wizard. After the Wizard's defeat, Velvet will be shown lying on her bed in the Dark Tower, along with minion guards and torture cages around her room, filled with screaming peasants.
Overlord: Raising HellEdit
After defeating the Forgotten God, if Velvet is the Overlord's Mistress, after Gnarl and the Minions mourn the disappearance of the Overlord, she will be shown to be pregnant, indicating a successor for the Third Overlord.
Velvet's fate is currently unknown; she doesn't appear in the game nor is she mentioned in Overlord II.
Dark Tower Upgrades Edit
Tower Upgrade Cost Tower Upgrade Cost Rag Banner 10 Drapes 750 Skull Banner 10 Ancient Statues 750 Serpent Banner 10 Green Minion upgrade 5000 Buttress Fang Spikes 500 Red Minion upgrade 5000 Fang Top 500 Black Marble Walkway 1500 Skull Fire Bowl 500 Greater Throne of Darkness 2000 Black Carpet 500 Golden Dogs of Hell Statues 2000 Throne of Darkness 750 Grand Skull Fire Bowl 1500 Demon Statues 500 Golden Demon Statues 1500 Dogs of Hell Statues 750 Obsidian Spikes 1500 Chandeliers 3000 Banquet Hall 750 Parlor Table 750 Greater Fang Top 1500 Total gold: 33000
<div class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" style="width:100%>
Velvet comes across as more chaotic than her sister, and she's quite materialistic. Her body is more voluptuous than Rose, and Velvet acts in a more lustful and seductive manner. Rose says that her sister is a manipulator and that she gets in trouble quickly. Despite this claim, if Velvet is chosen as Mistress, she ultimately stays loyal, damaging the tower heart and giving the Third Overlord the chance to fight back against the Wizard (though Velvet herself does claim that she's "keeping her options open"). She hates the slugs from the Golden hills, saying that they are more disgusting than Gnarl. She also seems to like dressing up in dark colors, unlike her sister Rose who seems to prefer brighter colors.
- "Mmm, the obvious choice; better pack your bags sister."' — Velvet gets chosen over Rose.
- "Darling! We're going to have such fun!"
- "You, me, a few helpless prisoners. It's going to be so romantic!" — After becoming mistress.
- "Ewww, my sister's been here, oh well... Do you have any disinfectant?" — Visiting the bedroom.
- I don't like that Jewel... kill her and bring me her shiny things!" — Velvet on Jewel.
- "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Gnarl!"
"Oh thank you, Mistress!" — Velvet comments on slugs in the Golden Hills, while Gnarl is unphased.
- "That's what's producing those things? I can't look! Hit it, hit it until it stops! Yuck!" — Velvet hates slugs and the Mother Slug from the Arcanium Mine.
- Get that gold back darling Lord, and buy me some pretty things!" — Velvet about the gold hidden in the Glitering Mine.
- "Beer, fight... beer, fight, Dwarves just have no class, Master. Make those cloddish oafs eat their own beards!"
- "And they'll be all over my things with their drunken paws!" — The Overlord retrieves the dwarven Beer Kettle for the minions.
- "He looks like father, I think that's a sufficient reason to kill him" — Velvet comments on the Possessed Wizard in the Burrows.
- "If you beat him, I'm all yours. If you lose... Well, don't offend yourself if i do something else. — Velvet 'encourages' the Third Overlord to win the battle against the wizard.
- "I don't like losers, darling, so hurry and try to win." — Velvet 'encourages' the Third Overlord to win the battle against the wizard.
- "Don't be hard with Gnarl, that pathetic beast did only his job." — Velvet commenting on Gnarl betraying the Overlord.
- "You'll be sorry. She'll nag you to death!" — When the Overlord Chooses Rose over Velvet.
- "Those heroes, yuck, they couldn't put an Evil outfit together if their lives depended on it!"
- "There's always time to do a bit of shopping, Master. Even Evil needs time off."
- "I think your Pixies need some kind of visual motif, something eye-catching. Any black lace around here?"
- "Oh Sire, you know I've always had a thing for bad boys." — If the Overlord has more than 50% of corruption.
- "You're definitely getting the right look, Lord. Evil is the new black!" — If the Overlord has more than 50% of corruption.
- "Big and Evil, I love it! Corruption looks good on you." — If the Overlord has 50% or more Corruption.
- "Please don't get any blood on my clothes, darling, you are being a bit messy." — If the Overlord has 50% or more Corruption.
- "Oh my! Look how evil you become! Do you want to stretch me on the rack for a bit?" — If the Overlord has 50% or more Corruption.
- "Darling shouldn't you be off finding me shiny things?" — If the Overlord stays in Throne Room for too long.
- "I'm getting bored just watching you, get out there and do some Evil, darling!" — If the Overlord stays in Throne Room for too long.