- "It's the pride of the Empire! It's the champion of the arena! It's the Gargantuan!" — Marius introduces the Gargantuan during the games in the Empire Arena.
Gargantuans are large, muscular human-like creatures created in experiments by the Glorious Empire (though the Empire Soldiers are told that they are from a 100% natural breeding program).They can not see well and will randomly charge in the general direction of the Overlord or his minions. This can be used to remove obstacles in the Overlord's path. They are hailed by Marius as champions of the arena and wield large swords in battle.
Gargantuans' charge do not do much damage, but their sword-swings can be lethal. It is best to trick the Gargantuan into charging into a wall or other obstacle and attack them while they are stunned.
Note:'''''Only the test subject gargantuan (the first one you encounter, wearing a bucket) drops a dark crystal.
If you have The Apocalyptor mace, you can take on a Gargantuan without any help from your minions, and on the power swing, it will usually knock them down to the ground, giving you a chance to attack them.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Gargantuans resemble Roman Gladiators.
- They were originally meant to be mutated soldiers, and were first modeled without gladiator helmets.
- The Empire General is built and reacts the same way,as a gargantuan,but unlike them,posses a shield.
- The First Gargantuan you encounter has a bucket on his head instead of a helmet. It is the only Gargantuan that will drop a Dark Crystal.
- Gargantuans may hail from drug experiments with the soldiers or the citizens.
- They have a brown skin,which is similar to the african citizens.
- Their face cannot be recognized,because the big helmet hides the actual face.